Friday, September 16, 2011

You REALLY want to know what I think? (C&P)

Yup, Raskolnikov has officially lost it. So as we all know, he murders Alyonda and her sister for no apparent reason. And guess what? He thinks he's now partially redeemed! And why does he think this? Because Marmeladov dies and he leaves his family with 20 rubles also promising his future support (TWENTY!!). Really Raskolnikov, really!? You sir, have reached a new low.

The question here is, "Do you think people can be redeemed or not?" Well first off, let's talk about Raskolnikov's scenario. Of course I DON'T think he can be redeemed! Are you crazy!? Look at this guy! Yeah, he did a good deed ... Whatever. But take a closer look at his intentions here. He's looking for a "good deed" to do in order to prove that he's a good guy. He's also trying to make up for the murders he committed. Let's do the math here real quick:

Murders of Alyonda AND Lizaveta + 20 rubles = Partially Redeemed
(Looks like somebody failed their math class.)

I think NOT! This is basically saying that both of their lives are worth 20 rubles (Shaking my head!!). So yeah, like I said this man is nuts and he's so not redeemed. In general, however, I do think that people can be redeemed. As I stated before, everyone deserves a second chance. I guess it all depends on what crime you committed and what you've done to deserve redemption. This also goes back to one's intention. Monetary items will NOT redeem you, go become a monk or something!

Now if you do something terrible, you must make up for it by doing something TWICE as good. Makes sense? Ahh, let's see. Well I'm pretty sure we've all done something terrible in our days. Haha! The first step to making up for something is to apologize. Not no lame "I'm sorry" either. Cut the crap! I'm talking about a deep and sincere apology here people. And yes, you have to really mean it. And from then on you must fix your ways and try to give back to the community what you took away in the best way that you can. Still doesn't make sense to you? Well just don't do something terrible then buddy and you won't have to worry about a thing.

So why is it that I think in this manner? Simple, I'm conditioned this way .. No seriously. Just kidding, haha! But I honestly think it has to do with how I was raised, the society, and my environment. My values are shaped by everyone and everything around me. I begin to pick up ideas and form opinions of my own on what is right and wrong. But then again, "What is morally right and wrong?"
This question is forever stalking me!

No comments:

Post a Comment