Monday, September 5, 2011

What you put in your head is there forever? (The Road)

This book is something alright .. These last 100 pages have been slow, dull, and boring yet I can't seem to put the book down. Why!? Because I want to know what will become of the man and his son. Anyways, it's about time something good happened to the two of them. It made ME feel relieved when they were able to shower with clean water and eat a good meal. I can't imagine how it feels like to have to be on the look-out every day, all day though.

As for the old man, he gave me mixed feelings. I felt extremely bad for him at first because of his lack of vision, old age, and thin frame. But as he and the man began to talk my attitude towards him changed quite a bit. He portrayed the ideal old person: rude and cold-hearted. He says that he can't trust them with his name and talks about how God doesn't exist. The least he could do was thank the boy or even wish them luck, but he did neither. If I were the man I'd give him food as well even if I didn't want to because after all, we are the "good guys". And how much damage can a couple cans of food do? Not much I'm assuming. As if the novel isn't already depressing as it is, the man now gets sick. I admire him and his will to survive though. If that were me I'd probably lay there and rot, awaiting for my inevitable death.

I also start to wonder why the dad question some statements that are made by the boy. He claimed to have learned them from his dad, but is that so? And its even more weirder how he doesn't know anything from our modern world, like the toilet. Poor fellow! The more I read, the more I begin to lose hope in the chances of their survival. But they always come across some type of shelter as they are nearing death and replenish themselves. Kind of repetitive, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. How is it boring but you cant put it down? does that mean ur interested in the depressing manner of the novel or are you just that bored? lol jkk
    It sounds to me that ur kinda interested in the man and the son...or just the man. :P
    I sound mean :P ok ill get serious now ^_^ XD
    I liked the old man, no homo. He had old swag. Like he was cool and stuff. Or he was just that crazy. He didn't necessarily say that God didnt exist, if my memory serves me well. He just didnt beleive in a god that would let the world go so bad. The man asked the old man what he would say if the man said that the boy was God. The old man ridiculed that it must really suck to be the last god or the last man with him at all. In a way thats humorous, but also very rude. Old man swag i like to call it.
    I still think the boy is stupid for giving the old man food. They got less food to last them where the old man was gonna die anyway. Now he's just gonna die a little later. What difference did it make but the fact that they wold start to starve sooner?
    However, aww buddy its ok u no we wouldnt just let you rot away to your inevitable death.
    Uhm...actually i probably would have to. Because im vegetarian, but i dont think everyone else would mind putting what is left of you to good use for the survival of humanity. XP
    I think the dad getting old and since he so sick and crap he getting delusional and losing his memory.
    last but not least, i concur with your statement about the repetitiveness off the shelter subject. If they are going to die just kill them off, make use of their bodies, and lets move onto the next book... :P
    heehee...It's like lame bollywood movie. Suspense, scene climax, near death, and then saved. Every single time in every movie. Over and over again. It's really lame now...
    Thats all for now... over all i think you have a very open and detailed blog post.
    Keep it up buddy :)
    hope you start liking the book better. The good part is coming up...the back of the book cover when u finish the book!!!! XD

    ReplyDelete