Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Eternal Struggle

Dear Diagnostic C,

You weren't as difficult to complete like I thought you would be. Compared to the others, you were the easiest. It seemt as though you were more concentrated on the tone, literary devices, etc. of the poems and passages than you were about inferring it. That didn't settle too well with me. For once, I actually understood all of the poems and proses. However, I had trouble when it came down to the vocabulary. There were certain things that I had difficulty remembering like "anaphora", "assonance", "apostrophe", etc. as well as the types of poems. Let me remind you that literature is not my forte. On the bright side, I was able to read all of the poems, proses, and questions with a tad bit of time leftover to run back through a couple of questions.

To improve our relationship, I think you should make me a list; a list of all of the common literary devices seen on the AP test. Then I could probably create some index cards. I know it sounds very elementary, but we have to start from the ground up if this is going to work out. We can also gear our sponges toward tone/literary device type questions. It's just a suggestion. Next time, I'll be ready for you.

Your Test Taker,
Sandy Nguyen

No comments:

Post a Comment